Last Updated on
8 Home Made Face Packs for Beautiful and Glowing Skin
Summer is here, and we are all busy flaunting our sun dresses and fashionable sunglasses. Though summer is a season to enjoy holidays, it is accompanied by various skin problems as well. At the peak of summer, we all face a disturbing problem, tanning. Due to the weather conditions that exist, tanning is unavoidable everywhere. The stubborn layer of darkened skin is often the most feared enemy in summers. Along with it, pigmentation, acne, pimples etc can also appear on the skin.
Kids don’t stay in door all time. They want to play out and come home with darker skin which is a mother’s worry. Using chemical sunscreens every day is not advisable too.
We are going to see some effective home remedies to remove sun tan. These are 100% natural and gentle on kids’ skin too. So you can select any easy and suitable face-pack recipe and use it to remove tan on kids’ delicate skin. You can use these packs for yourself for a glowing younger looking skin any time of the year.
Tomato, Curd and Lemon Juice Pack
Tomato, curd and lemon juice all have natural bleaching properties. It has capability to remove tan and dark spot effectively.
1) Mash one Tomato (Or Puree Tomato) Add 2 tablespoon Yogurt and one tablespoon lemon juice.
2) Mix it well. Apply this mask on face avoiding eye area.
3) Leave it for around 30 minutes.
4) Rinse the face with lukewarm water.
Chickpea flour(Besan) and Turmeric Pack
Turmeric has excellent medicinal properties, it provides glowing skin and helps rid of pimples and acne. Chickpea flour works as a natural scrub. Both these combinations leave the skin feeling fresh and clear.
1) Take 3 Tablespoons of Bengal Gram Flour/Chickpea flour/Besan. Add a pinch of turmeric add some milk and mix it form a paste.
2) Apply it thoroughly on the face.
You can apply this to all over body. This is a very good home remedy for removing tan on kids’ skin also.
After the pack dries on the skin mostly in 30-45 minutes, rub the material on skin to remove it. This works as scrub. Just be gentle as it can pull the skin hair.
You may add fresh milk cream for smoother skin but it may leave oil on your skin.
After scrubbing, wash with lukewarm water. If in case your skin feels oily apply some gentle soap to get the freshness.
Potato and Lemon Juice Face Pack
Potatoes have Vitamin C and minerals which help remove tan and helps lighten skin tone. The mixture of potato and lemon juice helps remove tan successfully.
1) Take one potato and cut it into small pieces. Add one table spoon of lemon juice.
2) Blend these ingredients into a think and fine paste
3) Apply this mixture on face, neck an hands/legs for about 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Use cold water to wash the pack on body.
Saffron and Fresh Cream Face Pack
Saffron or Kesar is an ingredient traditionally used for skin brightening. It also helps remove tan, tones and removes pimples. Saffron face pack can be made by it soaking it in fresh cream for a few hours and then applying it.
1) Crush one pinch of Saffron and soak it in 1 tablespoon of milk for about 10 mins. Saffron soaks well in milk and will be easier to get absorbed in milk cream.
2) Add 2 tablespoons of thick fresh milk cream
3) Apply it on face and body for about an hour. Clean it with cold water.
Saffron and Milk will make your skin beautiful and Cream will make it softer. If your kids skin is not having any allergy to saffron which is anyway very rare then this can work best on kids skin as this pack is very light hence your child will not oppose to apply it on his/her skin.
Multani Mitti (Fuller’s earth) and Rose Water
Fuller’s earth has skin soothing and cooling properties. It helps remove tan, skin irritation, acne and pimples. Rose water has toning properties. This combination helps in attaining clear and glowing skin. I personally like this face pack a lot. Its easy and quick. Best results are seen in summers. In winters it may make the skin drier but otherwise this is best home remedy for almost all types of skins (Except very dry skin). Its earthly fresh fragrant is relaxing.
You can purchase fine Fuller’s earth powder/ Multani Mitti in any chemist shop or herbal shop. Buy the one with some Sandalwood powder in it for better results.
1) Take 3 tablespoons of Fuller’s earth powder add rose water to make a fine paste. Do not make it very thick as it dries quickly.
2) Apply it on face and body. Leave it to dry, As the pack dries you will feel the stretch on your skin.
3) Wash it with cold water.
This pack is very beneficial for treating acne, removing scars, improving complexion and to remove excess oil on your skin.
Most importantly it tightens the skin
Pink Lentils (Masoor Dal) and Tomato Face Pack
Masoor is a type of lentil, pink in colour. It has properties of clearing excessive tanning as well. In combination with the tanning qualities of tomato juice, this makes an excellent skin clearing pack.
1) Masoor dal is soaked overnight and then grinded to make a pack out of it. Add mashed or pureed tomato in equal proportion to make a fine paste.
2) Apply it over face and body.
3) Let it dry then wash with lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel has properties to remove tan fruitfully. Aloe Vera gel can remove tan and soothes skin. If applied and left overnight, the skin becomes clear and supple.
Aloe Vera has anti-microbial properties helping in treating pimples. It moisturises greatly. It reduces heat from body. You will feel it acts like a coolant when applied on body. It also makes your skin look younger and shinier.
It has some medical properties which treat sunshine burns and insect bites.
For treating mosquito bites for kids apply Aloe Vera gel on skin. Aloe Vera gel is very effective in reducing the pain and redness.
To get maximum benefits of this wonderful gift from nature, plant and grow Aloe Vera in your garden. This plant has very few demands from you to raise itself.
Honey and Papaya Face Pack
Papaya has natural skin bleaching properties which leaves the skin bright. Honey has makes the skin soft and clear. Mashed papaya with a teaspoon of honey in it helps exfoliate the skin and removes tan sufficiently.
1) Take Papaya cuts in a bowl; crush it with fork to make a fine paste. (You may simply blend it)
2) Add 1 table spoons of Honey (You can also add one tablespoon of Sandalwood powder for better results)
3) Apply it on face and neck. Leave it for 30-45 minutes. Then wash with cold water.
Please note not all skin types react normally to various face packs even if all natural ingredients. So it is highly recommended that you do a small patch test on your (and kids’) hand before applying anything on your face. A simple step of precaution is better than the cure.
To get maximum benefits of any natural homemade face pack, always prepare it just before applying and use fresh ingredients. Do not store.
There are many quick fixes easily available in the market for adults like bleach from an array of brands and various tan removing face packs. But, these easy solutions are often detrimental to our skin in the long run. It is hence advisable that natural remedies are used to remove tan.
Summer is the season to enjoy beaches and gardens without a care. The fear of damaging skin that lingers at the back of the mind can now be dealt with successfully using the above remedies. Nature has blessed us with quality ingredients, which when used in various combinations can yield highly desirable results in removing tan. Hence, ladies and gentlemen, feel free to kiss the sun without a trace of worry!!