Home Remedies for Removing Stretch Marks
After having a baby, our life changes completely. Those sleepless nights make you forget yourself. Taking care of your beauty is a dream!!
But don’t worry soon your baby will let your dreams come true! So keep a note of things you have to take care first to avoid extra efforts later in life. One of such things is STRETCH MARKS and is the main among them. Earlier you act easier it is to get rid of it.
Most of mommies do get stretch marks. They appear naturally but are ugly looking. During pregnancy we gain about 10-15 KGs in 9 months, growing this fast leaves us with stretch marks. Our breasts and belly are the two areas where they grow the most, but they can also be seen on the thighs, upper arms and buttocks.
Lets see why we get them.
Our skin consists of 3 layers: First the Epidermis [ the outer layer of our skin ], Second the Dermis [ middle layer of our skin ], and third the subcutaneous or the hypodermic [ the deepest layer of our skin ]. These stretch marks form on the Dermis or the middle layer of our skin. When the connective tissue is stretched beyond its flexibility power, the collagen becomes weak and the normal production cycle gets disturbed which results into scars on the Epidermis i.e. the outer layer of our skin. First the mark appears in red or pink and later it changes into a brownish line.
Every women tries some or the other way to get rid of these marks. There are many surgical ways to cure them but natural methods are safe, easy and economical. There are many simple Herbal Remedies available to cure the marks.
• POTATO JUICE: Take a medium sized potato and cut it in slices and gently rub one of the slices directly on the stretch marks. Make sure that the juice from potato covers all the marks. Keep it for some time and let the juice dry then wash it with lukewarm water.
Potato juice contains minerals and vitamins that help growth and restoration of skin cells.
• CASTOR OIL: Apply some castor oil on the stretch marks and massage the area in a circulation motion for about 5-10 minutes. Then cover the area with a thin cotton cloth and apply some heat to that part using heating pad or steamer for about 15-20 minutes. Then remove the cloth and wipe the area gently.Castor oil is very effective, it cures many of the skin problems like dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, pimples, moles, age spots, etc.
• EGG WHITE: Wisp 2 egg whites in a bowl and apply a thick layer of it on the marks with a brush. Let it dry completely and then wash it with cold water. Pat dry and apply some olive oil to keep the skin moisturized.Eggs are a rich source of protein; egg whites contain proteins and amino acids which are very useful for stretch marks.
• ALOE VERA: Apply aloe vera gel on the marks till it is fully absorbed into the skin Aloe vera is very useful for all the skin problems, its soothing and healing properties is used to get rid from stretch marks.
• LEMON JUICE: Remove some juice from fresh lemons and apply it directly on the stretch marks in a circular motion for about 5-10 minutes. Allow your skin to soak all the juice and then wash it off with warm water. Cucumber juice and glycerin can also be mixed with the lemon juice. Lemon juice is acidic naturally and helps to reduce acne, stretch marks and scars.
Increase these in your diet:
• VITAMIN K: All green vegetables like cucumber, spring onion, cabbage, contains vitamin K which helps in preventing scars, so vegetable salad is to be eaten daily for getting rid of stretch marks.
• WATER: Water keeps our body well hydrated. It detoxifies the skin pores and maintains the elasticity of our skin. Minimum 10 glasses of water is required everyday to keep our body hydrated. Soda, tea, coffee should be avoided as it dehydrates our skin.
• OLIVE OIL: Slightly warm up olive oil and massage it on the stretch marks in a circular motion and leave it for some time so that the skin would absorb all the nutrients present in it. It would also improve the blood circulation in that part.Olive oil contains antioxidant and a lot of nutrients which cures many skin problems.
Along with these herbal remedies there are many physical exercises like swimming, abs, sit-ups, crunches, etc that can also be very helpful in getting rid of these stretch marks. Following are
Some exercises that are very beneficial for curing stretch marks on different areas of our body:
Stomach Exercise: Lie down flat on your back so that you are facing the ceiling. Now, fold your knees, making sure the feet are flat on the floor. Keep your hands behind your head with your thumbs touching back of your ears. Now, lift your upper body somewhat off the floor, contracting your abs.
Thigh Exercise: Sit straight on the chair with your back arched. Hold the chairs by placing and holding the chair from the side. Now, swing your legs in up and down motion. This will help to firm your thighs.
Buttock Exercise: Lie down flat on your back. Lift one leg creating a 90 degree angle. Lift it till you feel a little pull/stretch on your buttocks. Try the same on the other leg. Slowly and gradually increase your pace and strain on the hips, buttocks, and thighs.
Using these home remedies will take some time to show effect on the stretch marks. Applying these simple yet effective methods with a positive attitude for your stretch marks may help you to feel a bit satisfied and you will feel less troubled by them.