Last Updated on
20+ Chicken Recipes for Kids’ Dinner
Does your kid find the aroma of the chicken recipes irresistible? Well, most of the chicken lovers do so. If your child is bored of the same traditional chicken recipes, then it’s time to serve him/her some new and yummy recipes without negotiating with his/her health. Here are some healthy and delectable treats to make your child feel contented.
Kids Friendly Easy Chicken Recipes
Non Spicy Chicken Tandoori
Hung curd/yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, sea salt, olive oil and chicken breast pieces / drumsticks
• Mix all the ingredients and coat the chicken pieces with this mixture.
• Marinate the chicken overnight or for 2-3 hrs keeping in fridge.
• Keep the chicken out of the fridge 30-40 minutes before grilling.
• Put the marinated chicken on low flame grill and keep turning so that it doesn’t burn.
• Keep the flame high before removing the chicken from the grill.
• Garnish with lemon, onions, cilantro or other ingredients as per your wish.
Slow Cooker Herbs Chicken
Brown sugar, paprika, salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, red potatoes, carrots, skinned chicken breast with bone pieces, dried rosemary, dried parsley, dried thyme, dried dill, sage butter
• Sprinkle thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano, salt and pepper on the side of the chicken pieces where skin is there.
• Heat and melt butter in a pan and slowly add these chicken pieces keeping the skin side down and cook it till a nice brown color appears.
• Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker keeping the fried skin side up along with the herbs or veggies.
• Stir them slowly and pour some more melted butter on the veggies.
• Cook it in the slow cooker for few hours till the veggies become tender.
Cheesy Chicken Pasta
Fresh chives, dijon mustard, swiss cheese, ground pepper, cooked shredded chicken, cauliflower florets, whole-wheat penne, extra virgin olive oil, low fat milk, red peppers, minced garlic, mustard, butter cheddar, seasoning powder and salt
• Boil pasta and then cauliflower florets with it for 9-10 minutes and then drain and rinse them.
• Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion and then cooking wine and stir it till it becomes tender.
• Create a mixture of milk, pepper, salt, garlic and flour and add it with the cooking onions.
• Keep the heat medium, add cheese and keep stirring the mixture.
• When the mixture is smooth, add chicken, cauliflower florets and pasts to the pan and add some more cheese.
• When the mixture is thick, sprinkle chives, pepper and cheddar for garnishing.
Cheesy Crunchy Chicken Pockets
Cooked and chopped chicken, fried onions (or onion powder), butter, milk, salt, black pepper, cracker crumbs, soft cream cheese and refrigerated crescent rolls
• Heat the oven and make rectangles by placing two triangular shaped crescent rolls for each rectangle after unrolling.
• Mix all ingredients and then make fillings by putting the chicken along with the mixture on each rectangular dough.
• Roll the rectangles carefully so that no gap is there.
• Wrap all the rectangles in baking sheets, add butter and cracker crumbs.
• Let the wrapped rectangles bake till a brown color is noticed.
• Garnish and serve hot.
Chicken Sheesh Kabab: Method 1
Chicken breast, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, sugar, crushed garlic, mushroom, green pepper, small tomatoes and chunk onions
• Mix all the ingredients and leave for marinating.
• Take a skewer and put the chicken pieces on it keeping the vegetables between the pieces.
• Either bake it for 40-45 minutes or grill it till the chicken is cooked.
Chicken Sheesh Kabab: Method 2
Onion, boneless chicken pcs, oil, salt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, herbs like coriander, lemon juice.
• Mince the boneless chicken pieces.
• Add the finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, 1 table spoon lemon juice, garam masala, salt and some herbs to the minced meat.
• Then thread the meat balls onto the skewers.
• Grill it on the grill pan for 10-15 mins. Rotate the skewers in 2-3 mins so whole meat balls are cooked thoroughly.
• You can use these meatballs in pasta, curry or even sandwiches/wraps.
Singaporean Chicken with Rice
Chicken, garlic cloves, ginger roots, salt, green onions, sesame oil, vegetable oil, chopped shallots, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, chicken stock, long grain rice, sliced cucumber, cilantro springs and chopped tomatoes
• Boil some water in a pot, insert garlic and ginger paste into chicken cavity and put green onions with salt into the chicken as well.
• Keep the chicken breast side down in the boiling water and let it cook for sometime.
• Add garlic, shallots and ginger in a pan heated with sesame and vegetable oil and fry till a good aroma hits your nose.
• Add rice and cilantro and then chicken stock in the pan, stir and let it boil.
• Simmer to make the rice tender.
• When chicken is done, cool it and cut into slices.
• Take out the cooked rice in a plate, garnish and serve with the chicken slices.
Chicken Steaks with Fries
Boneless chicken breasts, ginger paste, garlic paste, whisked eggs, chopped onions, coriander leaves, flour, chopped green chillies, salt, black pepper, vinegar and oil
• Cut the chicken breasts into pieces after flattening it.
• Keep the oil aside and mix all other ingredients with the chicken breast pieces and marinate.
• Heat some oil in pan and place the marinated chicken on maintaining some distance.
• Keep turning the sides of the chicken pieces till a golden brown color is attained.
• Garnish it, pair it with fries and enjoy.
• Pressure cook a whole chicken simply in water and salt or take Chicken stock to make it quickly.
• Boil green onions, lemon grass, ginger and chicken stock/freshly made soup separately and stir.
• Add bok choy, bean sprouts and chicken and boil till they become soft.
• Boil the noodles at high temperature and drain it when boiled.
• Take out the bok choy, bean sprouts and chicken and place them over the boiled noodles.
• Enjoy your chicken pho.
Chicken cut into pieces, paprika, all-purpose flour, pepper, buttermilk, salt and vegetable oil
• Mix paprika, all-purpose flour, pepper and salt for seasoning in a plastic bag.
• Make a mixture with beaten eggs, water, salt and pepper and then dip the chicken pieces in it.
• Seal and shake the bag for coating.
• Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan and leave few chicken pieces in it at a time.
• Fry the chicken till golden brown color appears on both the sides, drain it and voila!
Lemon Herbs Chicken Breast
Chicken breast without bone and skin, salt, pepper, lemon, olive oil, dried oregano and parsley
• Add half lemon juice and salt to the chicken and let it rest.
• Heat the pan moderately and add oil.
• Put chicken in the pan when oil is hot and sauté.
• Add oregano, pepper and the other half lemon juice and keep sauting for some time till the juices run clear.
• Garnish the chicken with parsley and other ingredients as per your wish.
Grilled Chicken with Juicy Skin
Chicken breasts with bones and skin on, salt, sugar, cloves, bay leaves, garlic head and black peppercorns
• Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients (except chicken) in water and whisk.
• When sugar and salt are totally dissolved, add chicken in the ball, mix everything well and refrigerate it for an hour.
• Take out the chicken, drain the brine and dry the mixture.
• Put some oil on the grill rods and keep the chicken breasts putting the skin side down.
• You can also use sauces on the sides of the chicken pieces.
• Keep flipping the chicken till golden brown color is attained on both the sides
• Take the chicken out of the grill, cool it, garnish it and relish it.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
Sliced ginger, wildflower/clover honey, soy sauce, toasted sesame seeds, smashed garlic cloves, white vinegar, chicken wings and chives
• Heat a pan and whisk ginger, vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, honey and vinegar and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick
• Pour the thick liquid in a container and keep the solid aside
• Bake the chicken wings for 30-35 minutes till a golden brown color is noticed and then take it outside and pour in the bowl containing the thick sauce
• Mix the roasted chicken wings well with the sauce for a thick coating and then garnish
Korean Chicken Soup
Chicken with bones, garlic cloves, ginger, onion, white scallion, salt, pepper and whole black pepper
• Put chicken in a sauce pan and add garlic, whole pepper, scallion, ginger, onion and water to it.
• Boil all the ingredients, simmer and then leave it for about an hour.
• When the chicken is completely boiled, cool it.
• Garnish it with spring onion and serve hot.
NOTE: Best Chicken Soup in Winters
Creamy Chicken Soup
Chicken stock, chicken marylands without skin, chopped brown onions, chopped celery stock, chopped leek, pure cream, butter, plain flour, parley leaves
• Add chicken, onion, stock, celery and leek to the sauce pan containing boiling water.
• Keep the heat medium-high in the beginning and then low to let it simmer for an hour.
• When cooled down, remove the bones and shred the chicken and keep in a separate bowl.
• Stain the stock and remove the solid stuff.
• Cook flour in melted butter in a separate pan and keep stirring till bubbles pop up.
• Add the cream and stock to the pan.
• Cover and boil the mixture and then add chicken and stir for some time till the soup becomes thick.
• Take the soup out, add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley.
Boiled Penne Pasta, chopped chicken leftover, Peanuts/Wallnuts, lettuce, salad dressing powder and salt
• Mix salad dressing powder, and all the ingredients except the boiled chicken.
• Add chicken pieces to top and some more peanuts/wallnuts.
• Garnish with dried herbs and serve.
Chicken Shorba is Middle East Asian flavourful chicken soup. Very good remedy for kids cold.
Boneless chicken cubes, chicken bones, chopped garlic cloves, butter, oil, refined flour, cumin seeds, salt and white pepper powder, roasted whole spices of your choice like cloves/bay leaf/cinnamon/cardamom
• Boil chicken bones and garlic and stain when the soup is thick.
• Fry chicken with melted butter in a pan till it is tendered.
• Put oil in a separate pan, add cumin seeds and then add flour after few seconds, keep stirring.
• Mix chicken stock, fried chicken and white pepper powder to the pan and the roasted spices of your choice.
• Add salt and simmer.
• Garnish with fresh cut coriander leaves and Serve hot.
Chicken lollipop pieces, oil, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, corn flour, salt, garam masala, onion, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and celery
• Soak chicken drummettes in butter milk and leave overnight or just brine the chicken. This will make the chicken soft after cooking.
• Take the chicken and add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt for marinating.
• Mix it with salt and corn flour.
• Fry chicken till it is cooked.
• Fry onions till golden brown color appears and sauté ginger and garlic.
Note: Skip the steps after this if kids don’t eat spicy chicken dishes.
• Make chilli powder paste.
• Add sugar and red chilli paste.
• Add soy sauce and vinegar.
• Make the sauce thick and add the fried chicken drummettes to it.
• Toss it and garnish with celery.
Chicken, chopped onions, egg, green chilli, boiled peas, boiled and mashed potatoes, ginger garlic paste, mint and coriander leaves, rice flour, chickpea flour, garam masala, salt and oil
• Mince the chicken after boiling.
• Mix all the ingredients along with the minced chicken and create a dough adding some flour gradually.
• Make patties with the dough and batter with flour and salt or use egg and salt.
• Dip the patties in egg or batter and then in flour crumps and fry in the pan.
• Serve hot and garnish it if you want.
Chicken breast, yoghurt, pepper powder, salt, eggs, flour, breadcrumbs, buns, oil, mayo, lemon juice, extra virgin oil, mustard powder, pepper powder, lettuce leaves and tomatoes
• Create a mixture of pepper powder, yoghurt, salt and water and whisk.
• Wash and slice the chicken breast and add to the mixture and leave overnight.
• Add flour, salt and red chilli powder to the mixture.
• Drain the water from the mixture and put it in flour for coating.
• Dip these pieces in beaten egg and then take breadcrumbs for rolling.
• Deep fry the coated chicken.
• Take out the patties and place them on the sliced and toasted buns.
• Add tomato and lettuce later and then spread the sauce mad of mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil on the tomatoes.
• Cover with the other half portion of the bun.
• Serve hot.
Boneless chicken breast without skin, avocado pieces, ground pepper, Greek yoghurt, cedar vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, minced onions, chopped tomato, chopped avocado, green lettuce, whole-wheat flour and salt
• Grill chicken with ground pepper sprinkled on it, turn it twice and let it cool for some time when cooked.
• Mix pepper, salt, onion, yoghurt, vinegar and oil and whisk all.
• Add sliced chicken, tomatoes and avocado to the mixture and toss.
• Put lettuce on tortilla and place the chicken and avocado long slices on it.
• Roll the stuff and garnish it as per your need.
Small pieces of chicken breast, flour, pepper, seasoned salt, eggs, breadcrumbs, vegetable oil and salt
• Mix flour, seasoned salt and pepper in a bowl and stir.
• Break eggs and mix water with it in a separate bowl, whisk them.
• Mix the bit-sized chicken pieces with flour and put them in the beaten egg and water mixture.
• Take the chicken pieces out and put them into the ball filled with breadcrumbs and toss.
• Put the breaded chicken on baking sheet.
• Heat vegetable oil in a pan and drop the chicken pieces in it one by one, fry both the sides till a temping brown color appears.
• Take them out when fried, garnish and serve hot.
Multi grain Bread slices, minced chicken, butter, olive oil, boiled corns, red chilli powder, mayonnaise, crushed pepper, mustard powder, chopped parsley, chopped onions, chopped cucumber and salt
• Boil or sauté the chicken and sprinkle spice and let it cool down.
• Crete a mixture of pepper, mustard powder and mayonnaise and then add onions, corns and herbs.
• Add chicken to the mixture.
• Melt butter on a pan and put bread slices to make golden brown toasts.
• Place the mixture on the half of the toasted bread and then cover with the other half.
• Serve hot and enjoy.
Chicken is a rich source of calcium, magnesium, protein, energy, zinc, sodium, potassium, vitamins and many other nutritious elements. Chicken breasts are yummy and low in fat content. Eating chicken can provide the goodness of many minerals and vitamins to your child while keeping the fat and calories low. Keep trying the above child friendly and easy chicken dishes and pamper your child’s taste buds with some wonderful tastes.
If you have any chicken recipe to share with other moms then please leave it in the comment below.