Last Updated on
Yummy and Healthy Soup Recipes for Babies and Moms
These 5 amazing soups are not only tasty but all these soups have good selection of vegetables to increase its goodness.
These soups are super nutritious yet very yummy, not only for babies (above 8 months old) but good choice for pregnant women, specially those pregnant ladies who don’t feel like eating due to nausea.
Pumpkin and Carrot in Coconut milk
Coconut milk (fresh if possible)
t. in one spoon of ghee fry pumpkin cubes and carrot slices/cubes for five minute. Add one cup of water and let it boil under cover for 10-15 mins.
2. Once veg cubes are cooked (check with fork), add one spoon of ghee again and grind to paste.
3. Add one cup of coconut milk (preferably fresh), a pinch of Nutmeg/Cinnamon powder
4. Boil for another 5 minutes.
5. You can serve this as a warm soup or in summers keep it in refrigerator for 1-2hours and serve it as a pudding.
Spinach and Tomato soup
Spinach 10-15 leaves
Tomato 1 medium size
1. Fry spinach leaves, tomato (seedless and peeled) and a garlic clove in butter till vegetables are cooked
2. Add a spoonful of ghee, grind to paste
3. Add water and let it boil.
4. To get a clear soup, strain using a sieve.
Note: If baby doesn’t like the spinach taste then add cooked Moong beans before grinding to reduce the bitterness.
Mushroom with Baby corn soup
6-7 medium size Button Mushrooms
3-4 baby corns
¼ th of an onion (medium size)
1. Wash mushroom and baby corn 3-4 times or in running water.
2. Fry 1/4th onion till golden brown
3. Fry 6-7 button mushrooms and 3-4 baby corns in butter on medium-low flame for around 2 minutes,
4. Let the water from mushroom dry then add 1 cup of water. Boil it till vegetables are cooked.
5. Grind to paste, add water if necessary and boil again.
Serve hot. Fried onion and Mushroom in butter brings a great taste to soup, any one in family will love this soup
Potato Cauliflower and cheese
1 medium size Potato
1 floret of cauliflower
Cumin powder and coriander powder
1 cheese cube
1. Add one spoonful of butter to a pan, add potato slices fry for 2-3 mins,
2. Now add only one medium size cauliflower floret (more will bring very strong taste which baby may not like), one pinch of cumin powder, one pinch of coriander powder
3. Fry for a min and then add one cup of water and cover. ( We have mash the cooked vegetables after cooked so do not add too much of water)
4. Boil it on medium flame till vegetables are cooked and mash with potato masher to remove all lumps. (Do not grind with mixer as it will make it too sticky)
5. Add half cup of water and boil for 1-2 mins
6. Now add cheese cube, let it melt.
Your baby will love this creamy thick soup
¼ of potato (medium size)
5-6 florets of Broccoli
1/4th of an onion (medium size)
1. Melt butter in a large pot, add onion slices fry till golden brown
2. Add boiled potato cubes (3-4 medium size) fry for a minute, mash them and add water.
3. Add broccoli and boil till tender
4. Grind to make puree using hand grinder or mixer
5. Add half cup of water and boil again. Serve warm.
To make soups thicker and healthier you may add boiled lentils puree to it. It can be a wholesome lunch/dinner too.