Easy Recipe of Hakka Noodles
Kids are always restless. They run, they jump, they play and when they feel their energy level going down and the taste buds craving some yummy recipes, they simply can’t wait. Noodles are one of the easy-to-prepare and quick recipes that kids love in breakfast, lunch or tiffin.
Maida/Fine wheat noodles are not healthy also try to avoid the use of the popular tastemaker, Ajinomoto in the noodle recipes as it is a threat to the health.
This kind of foods is to be made only once in a while for kids to satisfy their taste buds instead of restaurant made noodles.
Recipe in short: Hakka Noodles
Hakka noodles, chopped spring onions (small to medium), chopped carrots (small to medium), chopped French beans, chopped button mushrooms, chopped bell pepper of any color (small to medium), broken dry red chillies or chopped green chillies, chopped celery, chopped garlic, rice vinegar or white vinegar, soy sauce, water, oil, salt and pepper.
• Boil and rinse the Hakka noodles as instructed on the packet.
Tips: Add oil to the boiled and rinsed noodles so that they become separated
• On medium heat, heat the chopped garlic and dry red chillies and sauté and then add French beans and spring onions
• After stir frying for a couple of minutes, add all the chopped veggies and increase the flame
• Stir till a light brown color appears on the edges of the veggies. Don’t cook them 100% as we can crunchiness.
• Add soy sauce ,stir the mixture and then immediately add Hakka noodles
• Toss the mixture in the pan and stir fry for a couple of minutes
• Toss again, take the mixture out, garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot. Do not cover and cook again. The noodles just need to absorb the juices of vegetables and soya sauce.
Hakka noodle is a much-liked recipe for kids that doesn’t make them wait for long. It’s surely not nutritious due to major ingredient being Fine wheat noodles but a very popular Indo-Chinese recipe that offers the goodness of the green veggies as well as an amazing Asian flavour.