Three Selected Easy Broccoli Recipes
Yes, We all know how healthy broccoli is and we kids should eat it regularly. But at same time we know most of kids and adults too don’t really love them. Wondering how to make your kids eat broccoli? With some combination of strong flavored ingredients and cooking methods we can suppress the unwanted taste of broccoli without losing its nutrients. We bring you these 3 best broccoli recipes that are easy to cook and tasty too!
Broccoli is considered one of the healthiest vegetables. It’s an excellent source of vitamin C and Vitamin K. Below given are most delicious broccoli recipes for everyone that you will find easy to cook and your family will love these.
Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
• 1 head Broccoli Cut Into Florets
• 1 cup Whole Milk
• 1/2tablespoon butter
• 1/2 clove garlic (optional)
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper to taste
• Chili powder to taste
• ½ cup grated cheese (cheddar)
1. Steam broccoli until tender but not overly soft.
2. Strain water and keep it aside.
3. Add milk, butter, and cheese in a saucepan and cook on low heat.
4. Stir until you get smooth consistency.
5. Add grated garlic.
6. Add salt, black pepper, and chili powder.
7. Slow cook for 2-4 minutes.
8. Serve with steamed broccoli.
Similar Broccoli in Cheese Sauce Recipe Video
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
• ½ cup cream
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 onion chopped
• 1 potato (peeled and chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Pepper to taste
• 3 cups chopped broccoli florets and stems
• 1.5 cups of water or vegetable stock
1. Blanch broccoli in hot water and salt. You may want to save some florets for garnishing.
2. Drain water and keep broccoli aside.
3. Heat butter in a sauce pan and sauté onions and garlic till they soften.
4. Add drained broccoli.
5. Stir and add water or vegetable stock.
6. Stir well and cover pan with the lid.
7. Simmer till the broccoli is cooked well and tender.
8. Heat the cream a on low flame so it becomes warm.
9. In the meantime, blend the soup and broccoli in a blender.
10. Add cream to the puree.
11. Gently heat the soup. You do not need to bring it to boil.
12. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with broccoli.
13. Serve hot.
Similar Broccoli Soup Recipe Video
Broccoli salad with Italian Dressing
• 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
• 1 small onion. Sliced and rings separated.
• 1 cup of sliced (slightly grilled) red and yellow bell pepper
• 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
• 1.5 cup sliced mushrooms
• ¾ cup low-fat Italian dressing
• Salt to taste
• Black/white Pepper to taste
1. In a grill pan, add some olive oil and slightly grill the broccoli florets, onion rings/slices, Red and yellow pepper and the mushrooms. (If you want you can grill the bell peppers over the flame directly and removed the skin of it. Then cut them). We don’t want to grill them to cook we are just adding a little smoke flavor keeping the crunchiness.
2. In a large bowl, add broccoli, onion, red and yellow bell pepper and mushrooms.
3. Drizzle with dressing.
4. Toss ingredients so that all vegetables get the coat.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Once the salad is chilled, add tomatoes.
7. Gently toss.
8. Add salt and black/white pepper to taste.
9. Serve chilled.
Similar Broccoli Salad Recipe Video
Whip up these delicious recipes and see your children saying yes to broccoli every time they see it. You might just get tired of giving them broccoli every single day.
Best way to cook broccoli is steaming it slightly. The broccoli becomes darker in color in 2-3 mins of steaming that’s perfect to eat. Lightly steamed vegetables are easy to digest compared to raw ones and also crunchy as raw with nutrients preserved compared to overcooked veges. Do not throw away the water after steaming as it contains nutrients. The stem of broccoli is power house of nutrients. You can peel and cut it and use it along with the florets in nearly all broccoli recipes. Broccoli goes well in Salads, pasta, soups and sandwiches. The grilled broccoli florets give a perfect look and taste when served with grilled fish or chicken. So go broccolicious today!