Tasty Chinese Fried Rice for Kids: Recipe
Fried rice, especially with chicken pieces, egg and veggies is not just a yummy recipe but also delivers loads of health benefits.
When I was working in Tokyo, ‘Chahan’ i.e. fried rice was one of my favourite, flavourful, tasty, fulfilling and healthy foods. A single dish has veggies, chicken, and rice – all in one bowl. With one bowl of hot soup and that’s all you need be it lunch or dinner.
I make it for my kids every now and then. It’s quick, easy and kids love it.
Talking about the nutritional values, chicken is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. It has less saturated fat and hence it’s good for kids and adults.
Eggs are a good source of protein, selenium, vitamins and minerals.
Fresh green veggies too have great health benefits. This makes chicken egg fried rice a completely healthy and tasty recipe. Let’s see how it is prepared.
Recipe:Home Made Non Veg Fried Rice
Cooked rice (I use Ambemohar),
finely chopped veges: french beans, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, onion, ginger, garlic, capsicum
Green chilli or red chilli flakes, 2 eggs, chicken in small cube pieces and spring onion for garnishing
How to Make it?
2. Take a wok-like pan – that’s another important tip. Woks are easy to stir, fry and hold and therefore a great pick for quick frying.
3. Take one big spoon full oil, let it get hot, add minced garlic, let it get brown and crispy(so it tastes like burnt garlic rice). Now add, onion, ginger, chillies and stir fry fast. Make sure for all these steps the flame is medium-high.
4. Once the above ingredients are cooked until the brown color is achieved, add chicken pieces, cut them small enough so they get cooked in hardly for 3-4 minutes. Don’t cover, keep stirring in between.
5. Now, add French beans, carrot, and mushrooms, (don’t add capsicum and cabbage as they need less time to cook)
6. Let mushrooms release the water and get dried again. Keep stirring.
7. Now, add capsicum and cabbage and only stir for a minute.
8. Break the eggs and drop them directly into the pan. Don’t mix them immediately. After about 10 seconds, mix them. At first, it covers all the vegetables and doesn’t look appealing but once it’s cooked, it leaves the vegetables and gets separated. It releases the oil.
9. Add 2 spoons of soya sauce (I use Kikkoman light soy sauce). Add 2 drops of vinegar. If you are using light soy sauce then there is no need to add vinegar. Don’t mix it and add the cooked rice. (When you cook the rice, make it less sticky so that the grains are separated, before adding rice to the pan separate the grains with hand).
10. Now, stop the heat, take out the pan on the platform and gently mix the rice so that it is coated well with veggies, egg and soy sauce.
11. Put it back on heat on a low flame and cover it (Please note, we are using lid first and the last time here)
12. Let it be on heat for about 5 minutes. Use low flame only. Stir it only 2 times and it’s ready.
13. Garnish with spring onion.
Your delicious and healthy chicken + egg + vegetable fried rice is all set to hit your taste buds!
Fried rice is not just a popular food in east asia but the food remains an integral part of the menu cards worldwide. Proper ingredients and the right method can bring your fried rice into the spotlight when you are surrounded by your guests or simply accompanied by your family.