Do You Really Need a Feeding Bottle Sterilizer?
Dip, Soak, Scrub and Rinse…is this, what you do daily for sterilizing your baby’s – feeding bottle, its nipple, weaning spoon and its twinning bowl? If yes, then you must give second thoughts, to this painstaking practice, of yours. Many parents in India don’t know about the existence of mechanized Baby Bottle Sterilizers. And those who know about it, they ditch the idea of buying it seeing its whooping price. So, for both these sets of parents, we are bringing you information about Top 3 reasonably best priced, Baby Bottle Sterilizers in India. That will disinfect every minuscule part of baby feeding wares evenly and impartially without damaging it.
Inexpensive Baby Bottle Sterilizers in India
Philips Avent 2-in-1 Electric Steam Steriliser[Price: Rupees 2,919 as on 20th March]
Philips Avent 2-in-1 Steam Sterilizer takes 10 minutes time to sterilize baby bottles, bottle nipples (teats), cups, breast pump, etc. It will automatically shut off after the stipulated time. Hence, you won’t have to keep a check on the Device like a vigilant porter. You can even hang its lid at the side of the sterilizer’s body. The lid’s been designed in such a way that you can use it as a tray to keep the bottles when draining out the water.
It has ample of space inside that up to 5 Philips Avent Bottles range, of different sizes can fit in it. Almost every size of bottles, be it wide neck or standard neck bottles, is compatible with the sterilizer’s body. If you use twin breast pumps, you can sterilize it too. It’s that spacious.
1) Since it’s spacious but at the same time, it will cover less space in your kitchen cabinet because of its sleek design. Hence, you can store it vertically like a book kept on a library shelf.
2) Also, you need not worry about the high temperature steaming it provides as the plastics used in it are BPA free. Its compact design makes it detachable and portable as well. Hence you will be able to pour water easily, into the machine. This also hints towards the fact that the same can be cleaned very easily. Thanks to its ‘open design’.
3) Thinking that you might miss out reading this in its User Manual. We want you to know that there are many sterilizers’ whose water tub cleaning is not easy. So…
4) In order to clean such sterilizers. Take mixture 3/4th of White Vinegar and 1/4th Water, pour it into the reservoir. Leave it for some time. No need to scrub. At last, drain the same solution and rinse it under running water.
5) If you are not in a mood of buying a white vinegar bottle, then with ‘Open Design’ feature of Phillips 2-in-1 sterilizer. You could simply use a soft cloth to wipe the water tub (reservoir) of the Sterilizer.
Suppose you and your baby are on a trip, you book yourself a hotel room. Will you then eye the ever busy Desk Clerk, to sterilize your baby’s bottle? That’s when you will be happy possessing an electric steam sterilizer.
Philips Avent Microwave Steam Steriliser[Price: Rupees 1,759 as on 20th March 2017]
In comparison to Electric Sterilizers, Microwave Sterilizers works fast. But again, you can’t take your sterilizer-fitting microwave, everywhere you go, right? This one has been designed keeping in mind the feeding bottles of all sizes from Philips Avent. Up to 4 Philips Avent bottles can be sterilized in it at a time. Along with this, you can even sterilize- Breast Pumps, Feeding Cups and, Bottle Nipples (Teats) etc.
1) Looks like a great option, isn’t it? But don’t try to stuff these things in such a way, that you face difficulty in closing the sterilizer’s lid.
The product’s dimension is 28 x 16.6cm (l*b). Keeping this in mind, see if it will fit inside your microwave or not. Including the lid with clips, everything is made of plastic that is BPA-free. Hence it won’t release body harming chemicals on coming in contact with heat. Within 2 minutes, it will do its job.
2) Along with this portable and wireless sterilizer, you will also get one piece of tongs.
The lid of this Sterilizer would take the form of a bowl when upturned. Hence, after sterilization use the tongs and to put bottles, teat, soothers etc. on the disinfected upturned lid.
3) Wash and dry your hands before your touch ANY sterilized item.
4) Drain out the water and store it inside the sterilizer when not in use.
Little Cute Baby 4-in-1 Electric Baby Bottle Warmer and Sterilizer[Price: Rupees 410 as on 20th March 2017]
This one’s a multifunctional device too. You use it in four different ways, i.e. as:
1) Bottle Sterilizer
2) Bottle Warmer
3) Food Warmer and;
It runs on electricity. A user guide will be provided to you that will give certain knowledge about temperature scale you should follow, during sterilization, heating and re-heating process. Seeing the guide, you can set the dialer time, soon as the sterilizing or warming ends, the light in front of the device will blink constantly.
1) This one’s the least expensive sterilizer in this List. However, one setback of the Sterilizer is that you can sterilize only one thing at a time. Hence, this makes sterilization process time-consuming. If you are okay with this, then it’s suitable for you.
2) As you can see, it’s without any cover/lid you so will have to be cautious, every time you switch it on. Because steamed water is as dangerous as boiling water in a saucepan.
If your baby enjoys lukewarm milk and food, then this device can be of great use. Since it is portable, you take it with you wherever you go. One should avoid warming expressed milk and baby food inside microwave oven as they can make it hot unevenly instead of making it warm thoroughly.
Usually, we use a vaporizer in the case of common cold. BUT use vaporizer on babies ONLY AFTER consulting your doctor.
Many nose congestion liquids are available in medicine stores. They might be good for you but not for kids under 3. Hence, have a nice chat with your chemist before buying such vaporizer meds for your baby.
If you also think that washing baby wares under hot bubbling water will kill all the germs, then you are wrong. As, boiling is not same as sterilizing. In fact, for killing potentially harmful germs sterilization is considered better than boiling. That’s because it finishes off every single germ while boiling just kills a handful of germs. If you won’t sterilize your baby’s eating utensils, he could suffer from tummy problems. Hence as a safe option, it’s better to buy any of these best-known baby bottle sterilizing appliances instead of risking your baby’s immunity.